2021/2022 School Year
Below are some of the procedures you can expect to see this school year. Keep in mind, this is all subject to change throughout the school year based on the need for social distancing and requirements set out by the Tacoma Pierce County Health Department. As we make changes to this information, we will update this website.
- Possible exposure and/or showing symptoms? – Our Enrollment Policy will include a Student Covid Disclosure and we will follow COVID-19 Flow Charts & Protocols for Schools based on WSDOH and TPHD recommendations.
- Face Coverings
- Staff - Clear face shields or masks will be worn by Celebration Kidz Staff unless medically exempt. We prefer that the children can see the teachers' mouths, so our goal will be to have most staff in clear face shields. All staff will be asked to perform a personal health screening before arriving on campus following the guidance on the COVID-19 Flow Chart & Protocols document.
- Preschoolers - Masks are at the discretion of the parents. If your child will be wearing a mask to school, please have them practice using a mask between now and then to help them be more successful. Please be sure their mask is labeled with their name. We cannot guarantee that your child will keep their mask on during the entire class time but if you want them to wear one we will do our best to encourage it.
- Kindergartners and 1st Graders - Students are required to bring a mask or face shield to use when needed unless medically exempt. Students will not be required to wear them when they are outside, actively eating or socially distanced. They will wear them when they are close together (such as in circle time and when standing in line).
- In order for a Kindergartner or 1st Grader to be exempt from wearing a mask or face shield, because of medical condition, mental health condition, developmental or cognitive condition, or disability that prevents them from wearing a face covering, a parent must fill out and sign the face covering exemption form and turn it in to the school office. This form can be picked up at school. It will be held on file in the school office and be noted in the child's chart in a similar fashion as an allergy alert, so teachers are aware of the student’s exemption.
- Per the current Mask Order, we ask that you wear a mask and socially distance yourself from those not in your household whenever possible. This is not a political statement, but a stance we are taking to do our best to ensure the safety of everyone. We ask everyone to follow the policy with honor, integrity and honesty as we come together during this inconvenient time for all of us.
- Volunteers – We rely heavily on volunteers and are excited to have you back in the building this year as needs arise. Volunteers will wear face coverings and be asked to perform a personal health screening before arriving on campus following the guidance on the COVID-19 Flow Chart & Protocols.
- Drop-Off & Pick-Up - Parents will be able to enter the building this year to drop off their children observing the parent policy above. Parents will not enter the building at pick but rather, they will pick their children up outside at their teacher's designated entrance.
- Classrooms/Curriculum - Students will still be able to participate in activities such as art, dramatic play, science, math, exploration, block play, manipulative play, circle time, sensory, outdoor play, etc however these activities may look slightly different than they have in the past and shared items will be sanitized regularly.
- Cleaning Procedures - We have always taken great pride in the cleanliness of our school and will continue to perform cleaning measures and procedures in all areas of the school to help minimize the spread of germs. Staff, Students and Volunteers will also use hand sanitizer and wash their hands frequently. Classes will not intermix and shared areas will be sanitized throughout the day. Classrooms and shared supplies will also be sanitized at the end of each class and throughout the day.
- Snacks - We will continue to have student "snack helpers" who will be able to bring snacks when they are signed up to do so. All snacks will need to be store-bought and sealed (they do not have to be individually wrapped). We will not accept homemade items at this time.