Below are some of the changes you can expect to see in the Fall. Keep in mind, this is all subject to change throughout the school year based on the need for social distancing and requirements set out by the Tacoma Pierce County Health Department. As we make changes to this information, we will update this website. The information below was last updated on 9/3/20.
- In-Person Learning - Click HERE to view the most recent information sent to registered families regarding In-Person Learning.
- In-Person Learning – Visit our website at www.ccpuyallup.com to view the most recent information sent to registered families regarding In-Person Learning.
- Staff Face Coverings - Clear face shields or masks will be worn by Celebration Kidz Staff and volunteers unless they are unable to wear one for medical reasons. We prefer that the children can see the teachers' mouths, so our goal will be to have most staff and volunteers in clear face shields.
- Student Face Coverings –
- For Preschoolers, masks are recommended, but is at the discretion of the parents. If your child will be wearing a mask to school, please have them practice using a mask between now and then to help them be more successful. Please be sure their mask is labeled with their name. We cannot guarantee that your child will keep their mask on during the entire class time but if you want them to wear one we will do our best to encourage it.
- Kindergartners are required to bring a mask or face shield to use when needed. Kindergarten masks will be sent home to be washed regularly.
- Drop-Off & Pick-Up - Parents will drop off and pick up their children using the exterior doorways and drive-through breezeways on the north and south side of the building rather than entering the building and walking their children upstairs. We are working on a system to make this as smooth as possible for parents and children. An email will be sent the night before the first day of school with details on this process.
- Classrooms/Curriculum - Students will still be able to participate in activities such as art, dramatic play, science, math, exploration, block play, manipulative play, circle time, sensory, outdoor play, etc however these activities may look slightly different than they have in the past (for example, they will have individual sensory bags (instead of the large shared sensory bin), individual bags of playdough, etc.
- Cleaning Procedures - We have always taken great pride in the cleanliness of our school. We will be adding additional cleaning measures and procedures in all areas of the school to help minimize the spread of germs. Staff, Students and Volunteers will also use hand sanitizer and wash their hands more frequently. Classes will not intermix and shared areas will be sanitized throughout the day. Classrooms and shared supplies will also be sanitized at the end of each class and throughout the day.
- Snacks - All snacks will need to be store-bought and sealed. We will still have student "snack helpers", but their responsibilities will look slightly different than they have in the past as the teacher will be handling all food (with gloves).
- Extra Precautions – We are updating our Enrollment Policy to include more information regarding our strategies for preventing the spread of COVID 19. This will include our updated Health Policy and what we will do if a staff member, student, or someone close to a staff member or student tests positive for COVID-19. We will be checking staff, volunteer and student temperatures using a temporal thermometer upon entering the building.
- Volunteers – We rely heavily on parent volunteers but due to COVID will need to limit the number people who help out in the classrooms. We will be coming up with some creative ways for people to still be able to help out. Thank you in advance for considering how you might be able to help during this unique situation. There will be volunteer sign-ups available at Parent Orientation.
- Distance Learning – If we end up being required to move to distance learning, we will come up with a plan and notify you. As of right now, this is not is motion.