Sermon Discussion Questions
October 7, 2018
Looking to take Sunday's message a little deeper. Whether you want to ponder these questions by yourself, as a family, or with a small group, you can take some time to internalize Pastor Mike's message throughout your week.
Sermon Series: Visioneering Pt. 1 - 10/14/18
1. What are some the most memorable product slogans from when were young?Can you think of a slogan for a product that does not exist anymore?Was the slogan more memorable or the product?
2. We defined Visioneering as: a clear vision with the courage to follow through.Have you ever been part of a team or organization with a clear vision?Can you share that vision and whether you enjoyed being a part of that vision?Have you even been part of a team or organization with no clear vision?What was that experience like?
3. Proverbs 29:18 – “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” (KJV) Or also stated as Proverbs 29:18a -“Where there is no message from God, the people don't control themselves.”(NiRV) What does this verse mean to you?How have you seen this play out in your life?Can you give an example of yourself or someone who has lived this verse out?
4. We asked the following questions this week in order to determine what might be the start of vision in your life:
- What is bothering you right now?
- What is the solution?
- What should be?
- What does God seem to be doing in the situation?
5. Do you currently have vision for your life, your family, your career, your church?If you have never thought about articulating it this way – what are some things you think would be more than a “good idea” but a “God idea” for you going forward?
Listen – Part 5 “Better Together”
John 10:27 “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.”
1. Are there certain voices that have more weight in your life?Are there some voices that when you hear them you naturally trust them more?What is it about that voice that creates that response from you?
2. Can you identify a time you feel confident you heard from the God?How did God speak in that circumstance?Where you alone?With a group?What do you remember most about that time?
3. When God speaks to you – how does he usually do so? Text message (the Bible)? The Holy Spirits leading? Or through being together with other believers?
4. This week we talked about “Big Faith, a Humble Heart, and an Open Mind” when hearing from God together. Which of these is the easiest for you? Which is the most difficult? Why?
5. Are there any big decisions you have to make in the near future that we can ask the Holy Spirit for guidance together?